Monday, March 12, 2007

Letters from Iwo Jima

I just noticed right now that the clock-thingy on this blog is rather inacurate, I have not calculated by how much, and come to think of it I don't ever want to find out. It feels somewhat comfortable to know that one never really can tell when I wrote what I did. Makes it independent of time. But it was not this I planned to rant about, no this was only a little digression. I was planning to praise Misted Eastwoods great movie "硫黄島からの手紙" or "Letters from Iwo Jima" as it is also called. I saw it for the second time again tonight and once again I was greatly touched by it. It is a very honest movie filled with humanity and feelings. Also it is one of the few American war-movies that tries to abandon the patriotism-consept on behalf of trying to show things from different sides. I think this is crucial for the movie's feel and spirit. One must however be warned that this is a very sad movie. Almost 20000 or so Japanese soldiers died on that island. This makes for 2 hours of loss and despair. However, it is a great movie, I shall not say how it ends or what happens so go se for yourself.

硫黄島からの手紙はよかっただ。かなしくなった。映画の音楽がとても好きだ。
これが一番好きだかもしれません。

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.