Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Flirt

I was at this place yesterday where I met a beautiful and interesting girl. Now, I wasn't really aiming for anything special, just some good conversation, but at some point this smooth a*hole dumps down in my seat while I'm getting drinks and start hitting on her shamelessly hard. And what could I do to get my interesting conversation back? Nothing, because I am not really any good at flirting at all, and I'm not exactly the one to start a drunken fight either. So I just sat there, watching this guy try hard to get this girl the rest of the night, instead of having a good time. And true enough, while he didn't even end up with a name and I ended up with a lunch date later on I still feel somewhat cheated of a night of interest. And do I blame the sleezeball? Of course I do, but I also blame my lack of flirting skills. Maybe if I'd flirted with her she'd given him the good ol' finger and I'd be a conversational partner richer. Someone teach me flirting!

No comments: