Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Emotions

As the last post was about feelings and emotions, so is this. I went to see Avatar today with a bunch, and as the movie unfolds I get swept along into this romantic (sub?)plot that is mandatory for these kinds of movie. And as so many times before I am fed this story about how two people (or Na'vi or whatever) endure unimaginable hardships to end up together. Love. The grandest emotion of them all. The queen of sensations; none above, none beside. And I start to love her; the object of the main persons' love. I start to feel what he's feeling, like a true empath and I get lovesick as the movie reaches its climax and they get each other. Lovesick because I got to feel the feeling of love, but don't have anyone to channel it to, or anyone channeling it to me. So I get emotional and bitter, and I wish for nothing but a glass of whisky and that feeling that once again managed to tease me out of apathy just to elude me. But I have neither Whisky nor love, so instead I brew myself a pot of coffee and prepares for a night of writing emo-poetry that no-one (luckily) get to read, ever. I know channeling the spirits of the goth-kids of South Park will do me no good, but I'd rather spend a night feeling sorry for myself than spend a night trying to quell all feeling with apathy again. Tomorrow I'll buy a bottle of good Whisky and a cigar. I promise.

No comments: