Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Dreamscape

My mind is slipping. Each morning I sleep 3 or 4 hours longer than planned, or healthy, and during those hours I have the weirdest dreams. Just this morning I had a dream that started off with a picnic or festival or something with a lot of the kids I grew up with, now all imaginary grown up. My childhood "love" had gotten herself a baby before she'd had an accident that had given her a brain damage and left her totally unpredictable and really insane. I had to look after her and her baby child reliving all the feelings i had as a kid. I woke up after she'd been taken away by the childhood bully but drifted right into another dream. In this dream I tore down every facade of every building in something that was supposed to be the main street in Oslo for Michael Jackson, who had bought it from the goverment and planned to use it for his comeback. But this wasn't the same Michael Jackson that died this summer, this was a Michael from another dimension who was still black and really down to earth. After we'd torn it all down we went to eat in a weird restaurant where a guy was harrassing this woman, and it all started a brawl, where my brother, who'd help me tear down facades became pissed of and declared that he'd never want anything more to do with Michael Jackson and left without getting paid. I also left, but was supposed to return the next day to do some finishing touches. Flying homewards I saw all the buildings I'd torn down facades on covered in paper and thought it to be one of the more spectacular sights I've ever seen. This dream ended after I'd landed on a bridge, cuz my arms were tired from the flying, but the bridge had also been reduced, so I had to help a bunch of people climb it. 

Yet, it isn't the dreams in themselves that I find disturbing, it's how they somewhat seems more real than reality that's so freaky. The feelings and sensations feel more real, even after I wake up, than their awake equivalents. Further it sometimes takes hours before I'm able to determine if something was real or just a dream. It's like the walls between dreams and awake is thinning out and they're seeping into each other. And most freaky of all; I'm not sure if I dislike it.

As a sort ending: If you ever wake up from a dream by pinching yourself, you're sure to be dreaming. Pinching yourself in a dream doesn't make you wake up.

No comments: