Saturday, April 7, 2007

Drumstick

Let it be known that as I write this I am inches away from inconciousness by exhaustion. The reason be lack of drink, food and the heavy bodily strain I have put on my body for the last hours. Of course as I am writing this I am also correction this so that I hopefully can function for yet some other hours. I'm just to friggin' happy to sleep now. I have just reached home after the most awesome concert I have ever been to. That perhaps not saying much as I have been to very few concerts in my life, however this was an experience out of this world. I am of course refering to the Nine Inch Nails concert that just ended in Sentrum Scene in Oslo. I am a huge fan andthus, seeing them live, getting their water splashed on me and etcetera, was a true kick. Hmm, starting at the beginning perhaps. We arrived half an hour before the doors opened and of course, already people had started to stand in line. The common t-shirtsellers and black-market ticketmen marched around, I think they had a hard time though. NIN-people do NOT sell their tickets and the tickets were sold out only hours after sale. Lucky I even got one. Anyways, we got in, realized that we had absolutely no money at all so we couldn't get official t-shirts, and settled down almost in front of the scene. There we stayed. A band named Ladytron was warmup-band and they did their job for sure. Espacially awesome was their song "He Took Her To A Movie". But enough about them, they were cool enough but only the warmupband after all. After the warmup I got sorta known with this guy, totally NIN-fan and really psyked up for the concert. We talked for a while and he actully managed to stay only a couple of feet away from me through the entire ordeal. And that is saying a lot as the pushing and pulling was, as expected, very intense. I worked up a sweat pretty fast, but then again, so did everyone else. I feel really sorry for the short people there, having to breathe that air..... Well, I'm tall, tough luck. During the concert we almost made it to the front so I guess I should shut up and be content about that, and they played most of my favourite songs, in fact there was only one song I missed and that is good when coming to think of it. Could have been a lot more. I think the peak of the concert was when "Hurt" was played. Man, I just, I dunno, but it was great. At the end they did the obligatory guitar-smashing and of course the drumstick-tossing, and guess what, I got one. I reached out, grabbed a stick and held it firmly till all the others were forced to let go. Not the worst end of a rather perfect night I dare say. Now I have written, consumed about 2.5 liters of fluid and eaten some noodles, freshly imported. Or something like that. Of to bed. 

No comments: