Sunday, May 18, 2008

17. of May

Norwegian History R.
I stepped out of my flat with a determined look upon my brow; I was going for the ultimate prey, the very definition of constitution. I was going for the elusive "whole day of partying." Many hunts this very sought after mark, but few even glimpse it. Many of those who gets to see it ends up dead; never being able to feel the warmth of their loved ones again. Knowing this I still set out, just after dawnbreak, the snow muffling the sound of my steps. I glimpsed what would be my prey to come soon after, and in few minutes the hunt was on. I moved in on it and quickly discarded my excess clothing to be able to move freely and without hinderance as the chase took to begin. Champagne to help me calm down and bread with cheese and assorted meats to help me going. Just past noon did I get to go in close with this fiend and we started to wrestle. It was intense and to be able to even keep my own morale up I supplied myself with beer. The mighty brawl seemed to go in my favour even, at least for a while, but then by some sort of accident it got away. Grabbing what I could find of equipment I took up it's trace and tracked it for a good while. The tracks led me far away though and I lost them again somewhere furter south. Seeing the opportunity to have a quick rest I set up camp and replenished my lost strength with chicken, scampi and som liquor to keep the warmth. It didn't take long however before fresh tracks were found and the hunt was once more on. Again I tracked the beast down and this time, having sung the old songs for victory I again went close and personal with the beast. Intoxicated by the thrill of the fight I flowed through the night, cought in a dance of passion and the burning heat of battle. Many of my comrades had to call it quits but me, I kept going 'till the very end. And when the end came, it was a ambivalent feeling; I had gotten my victory over this prey, and even though I was exhausted, it felt very good. But I can't help but admit that it was a bit hollow in the end, as I realized that the hunt and the feeling of the battle is the better part. And with guns still smoking I left the scene of the nights events, with a girl in my mind and a grin on my face.

No comments: