Tuesday, January 29, 2008

On reading and writing.

I seldom read and I just as seldom write.... Such a statement would by many of my nearest and dearest be called a lie, however allow me to elaborate. First on the reading then, hmm. When I have my nose buried in a mass of pages and words people often accuse me of the sin of reading a book. That would be the greatest rape of a book ever, to merely read a book is to completely waste time and energy. In fact, I pity those who ever read "Lord of the Rings" or "Enders Game" or "The Belgariad". Such great adventures and experiences I have with those works. Why? Because I never ever read them. I just opened the book and it did the rest on its own. That's how I was able to cry and laugh and feel with the characters as they set out; I was never too busy reading. That's probably why I never did a good job studying, never liked to read really. And the story of the x and the y never really stood out from the paper, intriguing as it may seem to many. That's also why I never made a good writer either. I never write stuff, I just think it and it appears on the screen where it's supposed to be. The rant on reading goes for everything else as well; music, movies, games and such.

No comments: